Flaman Yard Safety
Summertime is fast approaching and the Flaman stores across the prairies are getting busy. Busy stores means a lot of product moving in and out of the Flaman yards. Safety is often a concept that moves to the back of our minds when we have stuff that we need to get done. That being said, it should always be top of our minds to prevent accidents and injuries in the work place.
- Safety in the Flaman yard is both the staff and the customer’s responsibility. Everyone wants to be safe.
- Yard staff driving around the yard and moving equipment and trailers need to be aware of their surroundings at all times. Make sure to look behind you when you’re backing up and always have a spotter walk with you if you can’t see all corners of the trailer.
- Sales staff need to be aware of moving vehicles in the yard when they are showing their customer products or walking from building to building. Look in both directions for moving vehicles and make sure to make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front.
- Shop staff need to make sure to communicate with other people in the shop to avoid surprises. Wear proper safety equipment including safety glasses and steel-toed shoes. Clean up spills and messes to avoid tripping or slipping. Use the proper tools to complete the job and take your time when using the tool too. Saving some time isn’t worth hurting yourself.
- Customers play a role as well. Although as a customer you usually are only in the Flaman yard for a short period of time, acting in a safe manner is important. Keep your head up when walking or driving in the yard. Drive at the posted speed limits and watch from staff members moving equipment. Do not drive in between trucks being unloaded and the machine that is unloading them. Drive safely around so that we can avoid any accidents.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility!